Tuesday 24 January 2012

MOVIE REVIEW: Underworld: Awakening



Starring: Kate Beckinsale, Michael Ealy, Stephen Rea, Theo James and India Eisley

So far, I've only seen this and the second film in the Underworld series.

What I like about this film is that they were able to introduce to us Selene, the main character of the series as a mother fighting to protect her child and her race. The story is set in the future where humans are eradicating the "infected" ones (vampires and werewolves that were into hiding in the human world). I won't go further into the details of the plot since I don't want to spoil you guys (way to go Captain Obvious).

I enjoyed this film because of the action scenes and the continuity of the plot. I also like some of the characters because they played their roles well in the story. I also like the cinematography of a few scenes because they kind of reminded me of (obviously) The Matrix with a blend of their own unique visuals. What I don't like about it is that the movie was too fast paced and some scenes that could have been improved.

I'm going to give this film a solid 7.5/10 because it's a good sequel with a few flaws. The Underworld series for me is a well-written one due to how it portrays vampires and werewolves. I also love Selene as a character because she is a total badass.

No comments:

Post a Comment