Saturday 14 January 2012

MOVIE REVIEW: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Now, where is that switch?
The Good: The fight scenes and special effects were greatly done. The plot of the film was well-written and well-executed. There were a lot of hilarious scenes that at least did not dominate the entire film. Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law have very good chemistry in the film. Naomi Rapace was not a bad addition to the cast. The other characters were also great in the film.

The Bad: Some people might not understand what they're talking about, especially with Dr. Watson and Mycroft Holmes around. Some might think it did not live up to its predecessor because of some of the plot's flaws.

Overall: I really did enjoy this movie mostly because of the good parts I've mentioned above although there were some scenes got me bored. It also made me think that Sherlock might be in control of the entire case. Compared to the first one, I did not feel as observant as Sherlock ought to be after watching. I was also expecting Moriarty to be more menacing as he was in the first movie but at least he was portrayed as a good match for Sherlock. I do recommend this film for those who have seen the first or for those who are huge fans of Sherlock Holmes, detective stories, mystery novels, action films and bromance.

Score: 7.8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment