Saturday 14 January 2012

Life Lessons from the Swimming Pool

Life is one big swimming pool.
I go swimming every Wednesday only if I have the luxury of time. In one of those Wednesdays, I thought about comparing life to swimming. While doing some laps, I checked if I was near the end of the pool. It turned out that I got disoriented from swimming. The lesson here is that when you are doing something in life, try not to expect so much from it. Perseverance is the key word here. All my life, I've been trying to be the best in whatever I'm doing. I compared myself to other people. It hurt me sometimes since I always thought of how some of them were able to do well because they have been doing it for years while I was just starting now. That kind of thinking led me to many troubles and hindrances in academic performances, friend relationships and life goals.

Now, this realization really helped me through what am I doing now. I have become more patient and persevering than before. I know that this has been taught to me ever since but it became more practical to me now. What other lessons could I learn from the swimming pool other than perseverance? What lies beneath the waters shall remain a mystery that I should soon uncover once I continue swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment