Friday 20 January 2012

A CAT POST

I wish I could understand our cat because I'm the one responsible for him.

Before I continue on, let me introduce him to you guys.

:3

This is William. He's a ginormous Persian cat. My achi's boyfriend gave him to us last Christmas 2008 since his family couldn't take care of him anymore. They have a lot of pets in their house already. He's five years old and he's very gentle.

Okay, my problem here is that lately he wants to go out of the house. We cage him outside the garage at my everyone's wishes (I wish he could just stay inside and roam freely). He would wait by our door to the garage until it opens and he would be able to escape.

I don't know if this is because of our other dog who bothers him a lot (we leash that dog whenever William is out) or  is it because he's hungry (but we feed him canned food twice a day). Is it because there's a rat outside that he can sense (I forbade him to eat such filthy pests) or he wants to mate with another cat.

I tried letting him go outside and make him eat grass because he might want to regurgitate something (hairball, whatever). The problem is that my sister and mom do not want him to do that.

We've pampered him with good food, good shelter, a clean litter box, a scratch post and medicine for his sniffles. I don't know if he really wants to be outside but I can't just leave him there. Everyone's busy and tired, especially me. I just want him to roam freely and be the least of my problems since I can't attend fully to his needs.

Kimbie, if you're reading this, please help me on this one. Thank you.



3 comments:

  1. Oh dear. Is he neutered? That's the thing with a tom cat. His hormones are very intensified that he will forever have the urge to go outside despite the pampering of good stuff. I strongly suggest that you should have William neutered. In that way, he won't be able to feel the urge to out anymore. And... a neutered cat is considered a healthier cat compared to a tom cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for asking me about it. I truly appreciate it. I am always ready to help you with your kitty problems ;)

    Oh, most of my male cats are neutered which is a good thing because they are focused on more napping, intensive playing, eating and eating hehe...

    On the side note, NEVER let William out of the house. You'll never know what sort of trouble he may get into. Trust me, I've seen the worst in my part and I don't want to happen that to any cat owners, most especially to you.

    So, I hope my heap of advice helps. Good luck! >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if the old owner wants him to be neutered.

    I will take your advice. Thank you so much Kimbie!! <3

    ReplyDelete