Thursday 23 February 2012

Are People Still Interested?

Don't get me wrong. As an officer of my org, the reason why I wanted to be one is because I want to be part of the crew in this adventure. I also want to be part of organizing activities and learn stuff from it. I also want to meet people and learn how to deal with these kinds of problems.

We're all working very hard to make this org even better and to make people with passion in writing belong.

The problem is that are the people still interested? I mean lately, it seems that almost no one attends the activities anymore. I can't blame the people in the org that I see often (including the officers) since I know they attend and they ARE interested. I can't also blame our publicity committee since I think they're doing their best to inform everyone that there is an activity.

So to the people who don't show often and don't at least help out, why did you even join our org? If you really are committed to join most of our activities or just hang out with us fellow writers, then why not? I would understand if you are busy or you're grounded. It's just that a lot of you wouldn't even bother to show your faces in the tambayan or the activities. Look at me, I can't even go to the activities because I'm grounded even if I'd love to.

You have no idea how we try so hard to squeeze in our time between our academics and spare time just to process and arrange these activities. It's nerve-wracking, I tell you. Lately, I've been thinking nonstop if people would even bother to show up in the food blogging seminar on March 3.

For crying out loud, please don't do this to us. This is also for you. You are part of this community. Do your part. We're doing everything we can to motivate aspiring writers with anything that we can do.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not even a member and I'm there more often than some of the other WG people are.

    But I get where you're coming from, Raph. Don't lose faith, I'm sure things will work out. You guys all work hard and hard work always pays off in the end, no matter what.

    And when you think that things are getting tough, just remember the people who appreciate your efforts and care about what you do. Like me, for example. :)

    Love you, Raph! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eri! Words cannot describe how awesome you and the guys are. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really miss WG right now :( I never appreciated writing so much 'til I joined the org. I'm guilty about not going to the activities lately. Hayy... The endless requirements of employment and my sucky time management skills to match.

    I'll do my best to attend any of the next few activities before March 5. Hope I'll be clear by that time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.. If I am still enrolled in this third term, of course I will definitely attend all activities just like last time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. /pat, pat/ and a virtual hug. dude, i graduated without being an official member and i love WG XDDDD hang in there :D If you have any activity, I'll help when I can! As I told you last time, you can invite me to any sort of seminar where I can share what I know. I'll always make myself available for you guys XDDDD Kayo pa, malakas kayo sa 'kin ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone. Sorry for the late thanks.

    ReplyDelete