Friday 3 August 2012

Cain and Abel

I am going to vent out my anxieties here.

First and foremost, I am currently having a Cain and Abel relationship with my brother. Ever since he entered college, I think my family has turned to praising him because he's working very hard while I am considered the irresponsible one. True that I am but it's also because Computer Science is a challenging course. My brother is majoring in Fine Arts in Painting at UST.

He paints. He started when he was in his third or fourth year in high school and I admired him for his passion in doing it. I feel jealous of him because everything's going easy for him even if he's working hard for it. It's like my muse has abandoned me.

I know that I am a lazy person but it's just that I think my brother has the patience and perseverance in his works. I don't even think my family would appreciate my works.

I am thinking about this right now because I just saw him paint a picture of my grandmother, and we're gonna have dinner with her tomorrow because her birthday's nine days away. I might go on another "jealousy-insecurity depression" tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. If it's any consolation, I appreciate you Raph. *hugs*

    And I totally know how you feel with the whole "jealousy-insecurity depression" thing that comes with a gifted sibling. That's totally normal, albeit frustrating. /)___u

    My advice is that it'll work out - things will balance themselves out in time and if ever you feel like things aren't going your way, there are always people out there who will see you for you. Your friends are here for you no matter what.

    If you ever need someone to talk to, hug, rant to etc., you can always talk to me. ^-^ we're friends, that's what we do.

    Feel better soon, okay? Love you, Raph! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your comment, Eri. I can't assure that I'll be talking to anyone for rants but I'll do it because that's what friends do. Love you!!! ♥♥♥

      Delete