Wednesday 4 July 2012

50 DAY CHALLENGE: DAY 7

7. Write something deep.

Surely, we 90's people have a generation to boast about. We watched the best TV shows and cartoons on television that we can relate too. We had the best toys that we played when we were kids.. We played the best games in our Jurassic computers and consoles. 

Right now, I think people are assuming that the new generation is retarded. Look at the new episodes of Spongebob. Look at these new cartoons spewing out nonsense that I can't even comprehend (I'm not talking about Adventure Time, Phineas and Ferb or Chowder because at least there are some good cartoons being aired). Listen to these Top 40 songs that old people call "noise". 

I get really upset when I see these posts on the net about "Repost if you remember this" or "If you had this, your childhood was awesome" because I pity the generation now. They're being exposed to things that don't even have a meaning. If you've watched cartoons like the old "Dexter's Lab" or "Johnny Bravo", you'll soon realize that people who made these shaped us to be aware of things around us and not some stupid slapstick comedy.

 Generally, the music today  was even considered very risky back then and these kids are already being exposed to explicit, distasteful stuff. At least our music, TV shows and cartoons before were obscure and discreet until we grow old and find out what the fuss was all about and we can relate to them in a good way.

When I grow older and have children, I am going to make them watch these cartoons I used to watch and the music I used to listen to when I was a kid. I don't want them to be exposed to these nonsensical, brain draining hooplah in the mainstream. I'm not being hipster, I'm being smart. I want the upcoming generation to be exposed to things they can relate to and can find a deeper meaning in them in order to find themselves rather than conform themselves to everything that is "in". It's all because these mainstream shit are so shallow that it hurts my brain and make me want to weep for humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment